Anazemma Global Enterprises Nigeria LtdBorno Mar 19, 2021 - Mar 27, 2021
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects mostly in North Eastern part of Nigeria, from start to finish. The successful candidate will be based/operate from Maiduguri, organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. S/he will play an integral role in coordinating Team members.
Remuneration: 120k-170k (+ Allowances)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines are met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers/Team members and give them guidance where and when needed
- Evaluate project progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of construction procedures/materials and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BEng/BTech in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an added advantage
- Leadership skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Risk management.
- Should be able to communicate fluently in Hausa.