We are looking for an experienced ICT teacher to promote IT literacy among our students. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate flexibility and support to help students develop confidence in their IT skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizing, maintaining and managing class systems and ensure that all are in proper working condition.
- Teach students and learners to effectively use computers and different computer programs.
- Guide/train students in usage of basic computer software applications Eg. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Design and develop appropriate computer instructional materials.
- Manage and monitor student behavior.
- Initiate and implement systems, procedures and other student management issues.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities in consistence with the student management issues.
- Conduct group training sessions.
- Determine and troubleshoot technology services for staff.
- Measure and evaluate students’ performance on ICT.
- Coordinate and collaborate with school Management.
- Integrate special lesson plans with core academic curriculum.
- Present weekly reports to Management on activities at assigned facilities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of teaching ICT at Secondary school level
- Experience of enhancement of pupil progress gains and raising the attainment and achievement levels of all pupils.
- Knowledge of current national educational issues.
- Experience of current assessment practice and the use of data and pupil progress tracking to ensure that all groups of learners achieve success.
- Experience of implementing strategies used to establish consistently high aspirations in standards of learning engagement and positive pupil behavior.
- Knowledge and/or experience of how school improvement actions impact on the quality of teaching and learning within the classroom.
- Basic knowledge of network/security infrastructure.
Skills & Abilities
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience to carry out the responsibilities of a teacher in relation to planning, delivering and assessing the National Curriculum across the secondary phase
- Able to assess pupils’ learning needs and to teach mixed ability students within the same class/cohort/group and provide differentiated work to accelerate their progress
- Should be able to demonstrate high quality, creative and innovative classroom practice to engage, motivate and inspire students.
- Ability to promote learning and enhance skills beyond the curriculum and the classroom.
- Ability to use effectively a variety of teaching and learning styles to enhance teaching, including a wide range of ICT resources.
- Able to communicate clearly, accurately and effectively both orally and in writing with students, parents, colleagues, Management, external agencies and trustees as appropriate.
- Have appropriate planning and organizational skills to support teaching, learning, assessment and recording requirements